Browne chronicles historical theories in her moving story –
‘The Fortune Seekers - Dan and Charlotte’ in this revised edition, by answering questions the 21st century reader may never imagine asking.
Dan finds himself in a precarious situation high upon a cliff ledge with no idea how he got there.
• ‘To be free, all you need to do is step off the ledge towards me.’
Charlotte predicts shame and disgrace as her destiny, after indulging in a love relationship fraught with problems.
• ‘On hindsight, some of the things that I share, I regret. But, once begun there was no going back.’
The struggles are real, resulting in life changing decisions. Dan and Charlotte’s compelling story portrays anger, disappointment, hope, forgiveness, love, loss, grief and decisiveness.
• Will their problems be solved if they join the thousands of emigrants as early pioneers in Australia?
Author Glennis Browne’s riveting plot and well-drawn characters, delves into social and religious issues facing the population of Great Britain in the mid 1800’s. The second book of the moving series will be published soon
John Nuyten - Australia
• Browne enlightens us of the struggle to break out in a time of conformity. Questioning when questions were scarcely asked. Great Story.
Tim Gurung (Author) HongKong
• This book is not only a historical novel but also a history by itself and everyone who has roots from the British side must read it. I couldn’t help but feel like I was watching those old Western movies when people were moving around and living a life of gypsies.
Rusty and Sharon Millar - Australia
• Loved your story, Glennis! Love the characters and the historical background - loving to hate Charlotte’s cousin! It is a well researched story. Now We are looking forward to your next book
Hilary and Brian Fallis - Australia
• Just a quick email Glennis to tell you we enjoyed ‘The Fortune Seekers’ immensely, you clever girl you! I read it aloud to Brian everyday, chapter by chapter, and we both loved every minute. Amazing the struggles and hardships these courageous people worked through. I highly recommend this well written novel. Can’t wait to read the next of the series.
A.G. - Germany
• I have to admit, I shed a tear at one point...