Since school libraries will never run out of growing minds, its librarians will never get tired of looking for fresh books too. There will always be space for bestsellers, classic reprints, and even self-published books like yours! So we’ve partnered with Baker & Taylor and School Library Journal to create an advertising service that should help you pique the interest of school librarians—our School Library Marketing service.
With this service, you get:
- Indie Press Featured Titles E-blast Ad – Together with other similar titles, your book will be promoted in an e-blast that's sent to the 20,000 librarians subscribed to Baker & Taylor’s monthly email list, Indie Press Featured Titles.
- Emerging Voices Microsite Ad - This microsite was created by Baker & Taylor to address the need for a trusted source for key decision makers who are always on the lookout for new titles. Your book will be featured for two weeks on the front page of the microsite. After this, the ad will be transferred to other pages on the site under their corresponding categories. Your book will be advertised on the site for a total of three months.
- Baker & Taylor TS360 Homepage Banner (1 out of 4) - Your book, alongside three other titles will be on display for two weeks in Baker & Taylor's TS360, a web-based ordering platform that allows customers and libraries to purchase print and digital titles.
- School Library Journal Full Colour Print Ad (1 out of 6) – Your book will be advertised in the print edition of the School Library Journal. Your ad will include your book title, cover, your name, ISBN, and a 30-word description.
- A generic leaderboard banner on the School Library Journal website with 50,000 web impressions - The banner will link to a landing page, which will include a listing of your book alongside five other titles. The listing will include your book description, cover image and a link to buy. The School Library Journal website gets 790,000 average monthly page views.*
- A generic banner on the SLJ Extra Helping Newsletter - The banner will link to a landing page, which will include a listing of your book, alongside five other titles. The listing will include your book description, cover image and a link to buy. This SLJ’s award-winning newsletter has an open rate of 25%, and sent to 21,000 children’s librarians every Tuesday or Thursday.
About Baker & Taylor
Since 1828, Baker & Taylor has been committed to being an industry leader, maintaining one of the largest in-stock inventories of books in the U.S. for more than 36,000 customers in more than 120 countries. The company is currently supporting 6,000 public library systems and representing 90 percent of all US public libraries. Their mission: to help public libraries as these institutions in return, support the communities they serve.
About School Library Journal
School Library Journal is a publication dedicated to librarians who work with children and teens. For more than 60 years, it has created engaging and informative content to its readers. Topics it covers include literacy, best practices, and technology. The magazine has an estimated print readers of 33,000 every month, and the brand has 140,000 social media followers and 69,000 newsletter subscribers.*
Note: Ads are subject to the publication’s own content and image guidelines.
*School Library Journal Media Kit 2020