Full Colour Book Publishing Requirements
For the Xlibris NZ Full-colour Publishing service, there are a few publishing requirements that your manuscript
comply with before Xlibris NZ agrees to publish it.
Please read the following requirements and check that your manuscript complies with these guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact an Xlibris NZ publishing associate at 0800 008 756 .
Generally, we do not publish:
- Manuscripts with less than 24 pages, or more than 160 pages
- Manuscripts with embedded images
- Scanned images of less than 300 dpi
- Manuscripts written in foreign languages
- Manuscripts that employ True Type fonts
- Manuscripts with manual footnotes, manual headers/footers, or manual page numbering
Furthermore, we will definitely not publish any form of hate literature, books that are pornographic or nonsensical, or material that infringes upon another's legal rights. Please read our Author Agreement for details.
A Note About Interior Formatting
Manuscripts that require extensive text formatting stretch, and sometimes break, the boundaries of our interior
templates, and therefore require extra work and quality assurance from our staff. These manuscripts can usually
published in the Custom, Premium, Executive, or Platinum packages, depending upon the type and extent of the
Examples of extensive formatting include the use of subheads, screenplay format, end notes, repeated indented quotations, and so on. Occasionally, Xlibris NZ will need to evaluate your manuscript and recommend the service level required to comply with your manuscript's formatting requirements.
Due to the formatting required:
- We recommend that plays, screenplays, and cookbooks be published with either the Custom, Premium, Executive, or Platinum packages
- We recommend that encyclopedias, dictionaries, how-to books, workbooks, etc., that require highly page-specific formatting such as columns, text boxes, or sidebars be published with the Premium, Executive, or Platinum packages
We're always happy to learn about your unique needs and discuss possible solutions. If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact an Xlibris NZ Associate toll-free at 0800 008 756 .