Kirkus Indie Book Reviews: Your Book Reviewed by the Experts
Where have you seen Kirkus before? Maybe it was on the back cover of a book or on the pages of a newspaper or
website, where they were either making a recommendation or saying something about the content, style, and merits
of a book.
But who are they exactly, and what do they have to do with book reviews? Today, we’re answering five common questions asked about them and book reviews.
- First things first. Why should I get my book reviewed?
Who is Kirkus Reviews?
- So you can get a professional analysis of your book's strengths and areas for improvement
- So you can test the waters (and get a preview of what readers will think) while giving your
book additional exposure and visibility
Touted as ‘the world's toughest critic’, Kirkus
maintains one of the most trusted and authoritative voices in book discovery, reviewing 10,000 books a year.
Who is Kirkus Indie?
Kirkus Indie was founded in 2005 by Kirkus Reviews
to cater to a then-budding industry—self-publishing. It continues to be the industry’s leading source of
professional book reviews.
How can I benefit from this service?
There are three advantages to
getting your book reviewed by professional critics.
What if I don’t get a good review?
- Access to an Efficient and Reputable Book Review Service
Your book will be reviewed by experts in just a few short weeks.
- An Unbiased Critique of Your Work
You get an honest and unbiased assessment of your book that can be positive, negative, or somewhere
- A Stamp of Credibility
Should you get a positive review, you can add credibility to both your work and your reputation as
an author by
including colourful extracts on the most visible part of your book, its cover.
Your book will undergo an honest, unbiased, and
professional critique. Therefore, we cannot ensure that the review will be positive. Should you find it
unfavourable, you may choose not to share it. But did you know that you can still benefit from it?
You can still . . .
- Get insights from experienced professionals who have a wealth of experience
- Work on areas in your book that need improvement
- Pick up pointers on how to work on your book’s marketability
OUR KIRKUS INDIE BOOK PACKAGE
If you’re interested in getting your work evaluated by Kirkus Indie, see what you’ll get with our Kirkus Basic
- Kirkus Standard Review
- A listing in the Kirkus catalogue (1 out of 8 slots)
- An ad featured in the Kirkus Magazine (1 out of 8 slots)
Ready to find out what the experts think of your book? Contact your Marketing Consultant today to
sign up or to learn more about this service.