Tax Information

How do I know if my country has a tax treaty with the United States that allows me to claim a lower rate of withholding?

If applicable, you may claim a reduced rate of withholding as a resident of a foreign country with which the United States has an income tax treaty. See the Tax Treaty Tables within Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Publication 515 (see the helpful links below), “Withholding of Tax on Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Entities”, under “Copyrights” for your country’s tax treaty rate. Submit Form W-8BEN when requested by Xlibris UK whether or not you are claiming a reduced rate of withholding.