The Book Exhibit Plus – USA National package is a service tailored to those authors who want national coverage for their work through major trade fairs in the US. Not only will your book be showcased in front of key decision makers in the library community, this service also entitles you to a registered PubMatch.com profile, which is a digital platform to interact with publishers, authors and agents.
- Your book will be exhibited at the following events:
- National Council Teachers of English Convention and Exhibition
- LibLearnX (formerly ALA Midwinter)
- Public Library Association Conference / Association of College and Research Libraries Conference
- ALA Annual
- Profile set-up and 5-year membership on PubMatch.com
National Council Teachers of English Convention and Exhibition
Gain access to thousands of literacy educators who lead the teaching of the English language and influence purchasing decisions across a wide range of grade levels in this century-old gathering.
LibLearnX (formerly ALA Midwinter)
Exhibitors, first-timers, employers, presenters, and the media all come together at this annual event. Over the course of four days, your book will have ample opportunities to be promoted among industry enthusiasts.
Public Library Association Conference*
This conference is a setting that provides you the opportunity to learn valuable industry knowledge from innovators and professionals alike. Special events include sessions with the likes of Ann Patchett and Simon Sinek.
Association of College and Research Libraries Conference (ACRL)*
The Association of College and Research Libraries Conference will be held in Portland, Oregon. ACRL is a division of the American Library Association, assuring that your title will get exposure to book lovers and experts.
ALA Annual Conference and Exhibition
ALA’s Annual Conference boasts a significant entourage of A-list authors: Jane Fonda, Stan Lee, and Oliver Stone to name a few.
Click here to view the Exhibit Schedule.
How It Works:
- At each show, your book will be assigned a number, either based on its Dewey Decimal subject category at library shows, or based on where it lies alphabetically by publisher at international venues.
- Your book will be displayed along with other titles in a prime position on the exhibit floor.
- Your book will be displayed face-out on the shelf.
- A sticker bearing a unique QR code will be placed on the lower left hand side of the cover of the books that will be displayed. Book fair attendees can then scan the code using the CBE Book Fair Buddy app to learn more about your book. Using the app, they can add your book to their to-be-read list, share that with friends, family, or on their social media pages and even get connected to a variety of reseller sites where they can purchase your book.
Negotiating international rights for the years of hard work you have carried out is no easy feat. PubMatch.com simplifies this process and helps you connect with agents and publishers alike.
Once logged in, you can search for publishers looking for new titles or agents seeking authors to represent. There’s even an internal messaging system that permits member to member messaging, but you can dictate which type of member can contact you by controlling your privacy settings. To showcase your talent and draw attention, you can also add your books to your profile.
Prior to the book fairs, you can specify which international book shows your book will be exhibited at, and send members an online rights catalogue to initialize the rights transaction process.
For further information, please refer to this video on PubMatch.com.
In the event that you are unable to exhibit your titles on the scheduled dates for any or all of the four shows, you have the option to book these shows the following year.
Once registered, you will receive a guide to help navigate and make use of PubMatch.com to its full extent as you will be responsible for maintaining your profile.
*The following shows are biennial—occurring once every two years. Depending on when you purchase the service, your book will be registered to the next available show.
Please note the event organizers may change the schedule and book exhibit format (virtual, physical, or a combination of both) without prior notice. Please contact Xlibris AU to confirm dates for you.