What Happens During the Illustration Process?
1) Once we receive your completed CISF form, the Illustrations Coordinator reviews it and assigns an artist who best fits your project.
2) Within two to three weeks, you will receive copies of the initial sketches for your review. (This is the best time to make revisions to your illustrations.)
3) If you request revisions to sketches, your project will be put back into
queue in the order it was received and will take two weeks for completion. (You are limited to 1 round of
complimentary revisions at the sketch stage.)
Sketch revisions are limited, depending on the complexity and time required to make such changes. For example, changing the length of a character's hair or adding or deleting a character or item in a scene constitutes a reasonable sketch revision. However, starting over with a completely new concept is not considered a sketch revision; it is considered a brand-new illustration, and you will incur charges to completely create an entirely new sketch.
4) Once we receive your approval to go to colored art, it will take approximately four weeks to complete your final illustrations.
5) You will receive copies of your completed illustrations for review. You will be required to sign an Illustration Approval Form before your book moves on to production. (You are limited to one round of complimentary color revisions at the colored art stage.)
At this stage, if you want to make revisions to the colored art beyond color modifications, you will incur additional charges to make those changes, or you may be required to purchase a completely new illustration. We reserve the right to make that determination based on your requested change