This comprehensive reference guide walks you through all the nuances of e-mail etiquette and every day technology use from both a personal and business perspective without all the techno-babble!
In easy to understand terminology, the author has a conversation with you as though you were getting your very own personalized tutoring session on these very important issues. Many of the topics in this book are those all onliners have to address at one point or another and only take a little extra effort on your part to apply. With the combination of this book and the constantly updated and growing NetManners.com, now everyone has access to this important information on or offline so they may thrive!
This book is a great reference guide or gift idea for:
- Netrepreneurs getting online to start their own online enterprise - this book will be crucial to your success and ROI!
- Employers to provide to current and new employees. Give them this book during their orientation when you present your E-Mail Policies. Get all your employees on the right track so they can know the rules of the road and make a professional impression while using your company´s e-mail address.
- Teachers to recommend to their students. No matter the age or grade, almost everyone can learn something from this book. Especially children being given their first exposure to the technology that will determine their career success. This book is written in an easy to understand format and terminology that makes it ageless.
- Mom and Dad - get to know the online basics so that you can be good cyber parents!
- Gramps and Grams, Aunts and Uncles who are online and unsure of what they need to know or practice. This book can be a wonderful guide for any seasoned citizen who is online or planning to do so.
Make the best possible impression when you are online by adding this book to your online arsenal and get to be known as someone who is courteous and a joy to get to know and communicate with. Get rid of the intimidation and frustration computers and online cause by using "Because Netiquette Matters!" as your guide. And if you still have questions, the author is available through her site @: www.NetManners.com to answer your questions personally.
Remember, online, ignorance is not bliss and perception is the only reality!
BECAUSE NETIQUETTE MATTERS!:
Table of Contents:
Your Comprehensive Reference Guide to Email Etiquette and Proper Technology Use
- Because Netiquette Matters!
- Don´t Be an Online Knucklehead
- Courtesy #1 - Get to Know the Basics
- Courtesy #2 - Perception is the Only Reality Online
- Courtesy #3 - Proofread and Check for Errors
- Courtesy #4 - Be Sure to Sign Off
- Courtesy #5 - Instant Messaging Tips
- Courtesy #6 - Respond Promptly and Down Edit
- Courtesy #7 - Thou Shall Not Spam
- Courtesy #8 - You Are What You Write
- Courtesy #9 - Say No to Trolls
- Courtesy #10 - The Human Touch
- Are You a Technology Mushroom?
- The Scoop on Files
- Cyber Parenting 101
- Business E-mail Basics
- Using Signature Files
- How to Deal with Rude Emailers
- 10 E-mail Organization Tips
- Think Before You Forward…
- How to Identify and Handle Spam/UCE
- Tips to Stop Spam
- How to Not Look Spammy
- All About Viruses
- To eCard or Not to eCard
About the Author
Judith Kallos is a successful Technologist who specializes in bringing the opportunity and benefits of technology to business men and women across the country. In 1995 she started her own innovative Internet Consulting & Web Production Firm, Internet Studio, Inc. Her instincts were confirmed when her company attained semifinalist status in Inc. Magazine's 1997 Marketing Masters Awards. For the past 6 years she has volunteered her time at the HTML Writers Guild/International Webmasters Association as the List Guide Manager for their discussion lists and continues to be passionate about the topics necessary for all of us to successfully thrive online.