Your book has all the elements Hollywood wants—an exciting plot, well-developed characters, and fresh content—yet there’s still a crucial piece you need in order to be taken seriously by established entertainment executives.
A treatment is a thoroughly developed full-length pitch that outlines how a producer would adapt your book into a visual medium like film or television. A treatment is the first step to drafting a screenplay—it is an 8- to 10-page detailed story written for the screen (film, television, or digital). A professional screenwriter who has experience adapting books to film and television will write the treatment for you.
By defining exactly how to approach the adaption of your book, you eliminate work for agents, studios, and producers. By giving them a visual outline of how to translate your book for the screen, you can clearly demonstrate that your book has what it takes to succeed on the silver screen.
Once your treatment is complete, we will submit it to our first-look Hollywood partner, 5 More Minutes, who will review the treatment to determine if they would like to option the book for adaptation. 5 More Minutes is a full-service production shingle run by veteran Hollywood executive John Sacchi. Their ongoing projects include the film adaptations of the New York Times bestselling books, Dork Diaries and Rogues Gallery.
HOW IT WORKS:
- From our network of screenwriters, we’ll match you with the one who best complements your book’s story and genre.
- Your professional screenwriter will provide a thorough 8- to 10-page treatment detailing how he or she plans to adapt your book’s manuscript into a film and/or television screenplay.
- Once your treatment is prepared, it will be considered for media adaption first by 5 More Minutes.
- If 5 More Minutes is interested in working with you, they will contact you directly and explain their plan of action to gauge your interest.
- Your treatment will be entered into our Hollywood Database where movie and television writers, agents, directors, and producers have access to the information.
- The screenwriter waives all rights to the treatment, so you maintain full ownership of your story.
Please Note: Hollywood Director’s Cut provides an adaptation based on your book. Details in your plot, characters, etc. may change in order to best fit movie and/or television production. Please do not attempt to contact 5 More Minutes directly or your project will immediately be removed from consideration.
View a Hollywood Director's Cut example
About 5 More Minutes
5 More Minutes is a full-service production shingle run by veteran Hollywood executive John Sacchi. Sacchi has spent over two decades in the entertainment industry. Before founding 5 More Minutes, Sacchi spent 15 years as a senior production and development executive at Lionsgate Films where he oversaw films including Confidence, Employee of the Month, They Came Together, My Bloody Valentine, The Possession, Killers, The Last Stand, Addicted, Conan the Barbarian, Punisher, My Best Friend’s Girl, Pride, and Akeelah and the Bee. Some of the current projects 5 More Minutes is developing include an English language remake of Instructions not Included, directed by Anne Fletcher for Lionsgate; Vanish Man directed by Lee Toland Krieger and co-produced for 21 Laps and Lionsgate; Dork Diaries, which is based on the New York Times best selling children's book series and produced for Lionsgate; and the New York Times best selling author's Rogues Gallery, which is being produced for Lionsgate Television.
GETTING STARTED | HOLLYWOOD DIRECTOR’S CUT
If you are serious about turning your book into a movie or television series, Hollywood Director’s Cut is an aggressive approach to reaching your goal.