Implementing a Culture of Safety
Deepwater production of oil and gas takes place in one of the world’s most hazardous and dangerous environments … a place where operating in a pervasive Culture of Safety is not an option but an absolute requirement. Why?
• A deepwater disaster could be as horrific as a release of a multi-megaton nuclear weapon!
• A single deepwater player, making a poor decision, could cause an accident the size of a multi-megaton disaster!
• The number of vitally-interested stakeholders has mushroomed, and they are mad!
• The number of participants in the development of a billion dollar asset has skyrocketed!
• Energy executives now have everything at stake when responsible for a god-like, megaton disaster!
To stay safe and productive, energy companies must step up their game with new and improved ways of operating:
• High Reliability Organizations
• Strong-Bond Governance
• Asset Integrity Management
• Integrated Operations
• Authorization, e.g., Two-Key Requirements
• Surrounded by a true Culture of Safety.
The heart of the matter is to design a valid Culture of Safety and then implement it on target, on time and on budget!