Totally Sarah: Extrasensory Perception Leads a Young Canadian Girl into and out of
Danger, is a fi ctional novel set in the Canadian province of Ontario, an area where Dorris
spent the fi rst twenty-eight years of her life. She and some of her childhood friends
actually experienced some of the events depicted in this story. The book also contains one
of Dorris’s humorous, thought-provoking short stories.
Dorris’s post secondary education includes the following:
• Conestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology, Stratford Campus, Ontario,
Canada—business and secretarial studies;
• University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada—interior decorating;
• Midland College, Midland, Texas, USA—associates in general studies;
• University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Odessa, Texas, USA—bachelor degree
in literature and journalism (double major) with a minor in education;
• Sul Ross State University, Alpine, Texas, USA—master’s degree in education;
• Sul Ross State University, Alpine, Texas, USA—reading specialist certifi cation.
She graduated magna cum laude from Midland College, summa cum laude from
University of Texas of the Permian Basin, and magna cum laud from Sul Ross