If you’re looking to gain national exposure for your book in the US, Xlibris’s Book Exhibit Plus – National package can give you just what you need. Get your book displayed in front of key decision makers in the library community through major trade fairs in the country. You will even have the opportunity to connect with the potential publishers, agents, and book buyers through your registered PubMatch.com profile.
This service includes:
- Display space for your book at the following events:
- National Council Teachers of English Convention and Exhibition
- LibLearnX (formerly ALA Midwinter)
- Public Library Association Conference OR Association of College and Research Libraries
- ALA Annual
- Profile setup and 5-year membership on PubMatch.com
Click here to view the Exhibit Schedule.
LibLearnX (formerly ALA-Midwinter)
Exhibitors, first-timers, employers, presenters, and the media all come together at this annual event. Over the course of four days, your book will have ample opportunities to be promoted among industry enthusiasts.
Public Library Association*
This conference is a setting that provides you the opportunity to learn valuable industry knowledge from innovators and professionals alike. Special events include sessions with the likes of Ann Patchett and Simon Sinek.
American Library Association-Annual
ALA’s Annual Conference boasts a significant entourage of A-list authors: Jane Fonda, Stan Lee, and Oliver Stone to name a few.
Association of College and Research Libraries Conference (ACRL)*
TheAssociation of College and Research Libraries Conferencewill be held in Baltimore, MD. ACRL is a division of the American Library Association, assuring that your title will get exposure to book lovers and experts.
National Council Teachers of English Convention and Exhibition
Gain access to thousands of literacy educators who lead the teaching of the English language and influence purchasing decisions across a wide range of grade levels in this century-old gathering.
*These shows are biennial—occurring once every two years. Depending on when you purchase the service, your book will be registered to the next available show.
In the event that you are unable to exhibit your titles on the scheduled dates for any or all of the five shows, you have the option to book these shows the following year.
- The event organizers may change the schedule and book exhibit format (virtual, physical, or a combination of both) without prior notice.Please contact Xlibris to confirm dates for you.
How It Works:
- At each show, your book will be assigned a number, either based on its Dewey Decimal subject category at library shows, or based on where it lies alphabetically by publisher at international venues.
- Your book will be displayed along with other titles in a prime position on the exhibit floor.
- Your book will be displayed face-out on the shelf.
- A sticker bearing a unique QR code will be placed on the lower left hand side of the cover of the books that will be displayed. Book fair attendees can then scan the code using the CBE Book Fair Buddy app to learn more about your book. Using the app, they can add your book to their to-be-read list, share that with friends, family, or on their social media pages and even get connected to a variety of reseller sites where they can purchase your book.
Negotiating international rights for the years of hard work you have carried out is no easy feat – PubMatch.com simplifies these processes, as well as assisting with communication amongst agents and publishers alike. With the simplicity to search for publishers looking for new titles, or agents seeking new authors, you will find yourself engaged in no time and on the right track.
An internal messaging system permits member to member messaging with the ability to dictate which type of member can contact you by controlling your privacy settings. Adding titles to your profile exposes your talent whilst drawing attention to those you would like to hear from.
By indicating which international book shows you will be taking part in, you can send these members an online rights catalogue that you have created prior to the show to initialize the rights transaction process.
With countless other features, PubMatch.com is the platform authors have been longing for!
Once registered, you will receive a guide to help navigate and make use of PubMatch.com to its full extent as you will be responsible for maintaining your profile.